Friday, April 11, 2008

So, yeah I'm slacking.. Posting Wednesday's workout.

So... Wednesday, I found the joy of going to the gym early. If there is such a thing.

Yeah, Monday, Wednesday, Friday are supposed to be my weight days. Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays are cardio days. But lately I've been slacking. At least for Tuesdays and Thursdays. For some reason,there is a compelling reason for me to stay in on Tuesday and Thursday, that and the fact that Judo Practice is on Tuesday and Thursday is no coincidence.

I think I'm fairly useless past 7PM at night as far as exercise-wise. I just want to bask in the warm glow of an LCD computer screen and work on my pacific northwest tan.

So... what about judo. I just hate the feeling of pain, as most people do. I do like working out, although being catapulted across the room and down onto the mat, if done right is basically a free chiropractic adjustment. The matwork, is also a nice way to stretch those legs, and of course, when someone jams their knee on your inner thigh to pass the guard is well... fun.

I should just not be a wimp and not make excuses. After all I weigh in at a svelte 100kg. HA!

Anyways, I did weigh in Wednesday, I was down to 220 lbs. Probably water weight who knows. So to recap Wednesday's workout, here it is.

Horizontal Squat Machine. (Yeah I'm lazy and really hate to slap weights around on a barbell, so the machine it is... granted the old fashioned squat does wonders. But hey, for me just getting to the gym at the moment is an achievement. Yeah, I'm an under-achiever. So horizontal squat machine it is.) Inverted Pyramid - Max 195 lbs.

Abdominal Crunch Machine - 5 Sets, Increasing x 15, Max 100lbs.
Now this is a gem of a little machine. I hate crunches, I hate ab work, medicine ball, etc... Granted abs and core strengthening is very important to overall fitness. YES, it's been drilled into my head 100x of times. Now. This machine allows you to vary weights on the crunch, which is cool and it's quite comfortable, and you can feel you can actually feel it work. Soooooooooo you can slightly increase the weight, little by little and knowing that my little ab muscles actually can move 100 lbs, by any measurement, is well cool.

Leg Curls - 5 Sets, Inverted Pyramid, Max 100lbs.
Standard Leg Curls. I exerted decent effort, although I should be more on the ball in actually working hard for it. I didn't really break a sweat, so am not pushing myself hard enough.

Calf Raises - 5 Sets, Inverted Pyramid, Max 175lbs.
Wow. that was a good workout. My calves are still sore. It's a good sore.

----

So yeah, I think I have to not make excuses for judo and just do it.

Today, is upper body workout, and shouldn't skip it.

No comments: